Office 365 →
Microsoft Office 365 Now Supports Message Encryption!
3. Microsoft Office 365 Now Supports Message Encryption!
As part of the Office 365 E3 licensing package, Microsoft Office 365 will now include features that can be used to encrypt emails that contain sensitive data, even to users outside of your organization.
What constitutes Sensitive Data?
- A bank sending credit card statements to customers over email.
- An insurance company providing details about the policy to clients.
- A mortgage broker requesting financial information from a customer for a loan application.
- A healthcare provider using encrypted messages to send protected HIPAA and other healthcare information to patients.
- An attorney sending confidential information to a client or another attorney.
- A consultant sending a contract to a client.
- A therapist providing a patient diagnosis to an insurance company.
Using encryption methods like those provided via E3 licensing provides additional layers of security in order to ensure that non-authorized individuals cannot view information that they are not privy to. It also provides encryption for those emails when they are stored
within your Outlook profile, which can be critical when data is being moved during migration to a new server.
If your organization is already paying for E3 Licensing, this benefit is being offered at no additional cost to you. Feel free to reach out to us if you have any questions about how to use this feature.
If you are interested in discussing the addition of E3 licensing to your organization's suite of services, please your IT Point of Contact or Manager to contact the Help Desk
to discuss the purchasing of these services, the costs, and how to get these services implemented organization-wide. We will be happy to assist you.